This project is a 512 square foot structure surrounded by 750 square feet of covered deck. It is situated in the center of a 40 acre parcel in the Tittabawassee River State Forest in the upper portion of the lower peninsula of Michigan. The project began as a replacement for a cabin built in 1949 that was slowly then suddenly turning into a ruinous state. In the local vernacular the new construction is termed a pole barn but as the structure emerged it seeming more fitting as a tea house. Its completely independent of the grid.